Here are 9 things that caught my attention over the last few weeks. They are all worth reading:
- Short and sweet. Kind of like this post on minimalism and money over at Budgets are Sexy.
- Free Money Finance kicked off March Money Madness this week with the first round of competing posts. The rules are simple: pick the post you like best from every head-to-head match up.
- Self-employment might seem like a risky proposition, but Kevin thinks it’s more secure than a full-time job. (Out of Your Rut)
- Baker at Man vs. Debt is continuing awesomeness with a still-relatively-new podcast, now in its 4th episode. Every week brings news stories and doable how-to’s.
- You may have missed some big news from A-list blogger J.D. Roth. He’s decided to get a divorce, and revealed details about the sale of his blog several years ago.
- Len Penzo offered us 10 rules of thumb you probably shouldn’t follow.
- The Simple Dollar’s Trent reflects on the age-old question: what happens after debt freedom? What do we do once everything is paid off?
- Just yesterday, a new nuclear power plant to be built in Georgia won federal approval, the first time that has happened in three decades. How do you feel about it?
- If you’re a financial blogger or want to meet one, don’t forget that registration is now open for FINCON12, coming to Denver this September. Sadly, I have a conflict, but I hope to make it out there next year!
I hope you enjoy those! By the way, what are you getting for your Valentine (if you have one, of course)? A lot of people are still “going frugal” this year–are you?