Last night, I finally sat down to wrap up any last-minute changes and file my taxes. Just as I have for the past 5 or 6 years, I used Intuit’s TurboTax Online to make my tax filing a breeze this year.
I know many of you have your own taxes to get to, so I’m going to keep this short and give you five reasons why I think TurboTax could be a good tax-time fit for you:
- Guidance. For the first few years of my adult life, I filled out my tax forms by hand, reading carefully through the instructions and getting a headache in the process. Nothing compares to the ease of TurboTax’s question-answer kind of approach.
- Community. An entire community grows up around this software each year, with instantly searchable guidance and discussions happening on every imaginable topic you need help with.
- Growth. TurboTax grows with you—there are currently five basic software levels based on your needs. As those needs grow, so can the level of service you choose.
- On my own time. I can (and do) log in about 5-10 times over the span of 2 months before I finally file my taxes. TurboTax lets me figure out my taxes on my own time, wherever I want.
- History. Intuit stores your year-to-year data on their servers, which means that doing next year’s tax return will be even easier than this year’s. You can pull and compare data with a couple of clicks, or it’s pre-pulled for you in critical spots.
Maybe trying TurboTax could help you, too? Give it a whirl.
Note: This post contains some affiliate links.