It’s a pretty good month when you headline Wise Bread’s links twice (#1 and #2), and make it to The Simple Dollar’s roundup. Closer to home, I finally got around to creating Fizzle’s Best-Of page. So while life at home and at work feels like a whirlwind, I have a lot of positive news to fall back on.🙂
Personally, I have been dealing with a ton of financial changes: mainly buying a new car (which I’m highlighting in my ongoing series), and more recently–getting new health insurance. Both are much more complex transactions than they would appear to be on the surface.
This month’s link round-up features a group of bloggers known as the Yakezie. Created by Financial Samurai, the Yakezie group is trying to increase their Alexa ranking and break into Wise Bread’s Top 100 blog list.
Since joining the challenge in late January, Fiscal Fizzle’s Alexa ranking has skyrocketed from 349,079 to 117,994 (smaller is better). It just goes to show you the power of blogging collaboration when everyone’s focused on the same goal! You can see all the rankings this week at Credit Card Chaser’s Yakezie statistics page.
In order to “give back” this month to this great group of friends, the entire roundup features Yakezie bloggers, grouped by their respective Alexa ranking “goals.” These are the most interesting recent posts on these blogs! Enjoy:
These are blogs that have already achieved, or are trying to get to, an Alexa rank of 50,000, an extremely respectable position:
- Financial Samurai: Insuring The Uninsured Is Worth It: Interesting counter-viewpoints from Sam about the latest health care reform.
- Eliminate the Muda!: Ten Motivational Tips To Achieve Your Personal Finance Objectives: This introduces a new series from guest blogger “The Rat” about motivation.
- Planting Dollars: Needs vs. Wants: I really enjoyed this study of one of the basic questions in personal finance.
- Free From Broke: Certificate of Deposit–What Is It?: I’ve never owned CDs, so I had little need to learn about them. But thanks to Craig, I now know the basics.
- Sweating the Big Stuff: Paying $7 Per Night for Light: Daniel talks about regretting a rush decision–I guarantee most of us have made a mistake like this in the past!
- Canadian Finance Blog: What is Financial Literacy? Part 3: Tom is writing up an interesting series about a financial literacy task force in Canada.
- Credit Card Chaser: Getting a Job With Bad Credit is Tough: Joel touches on an issue that I recently wrote about in a book review.
Same as above, but going for 100,000 status (this is my group!):
- Early Retirement Extreme: Making money blogging about lifestyle design: Jacob writes a follow-up to a previous post, discussing blogging, making money, lifestyle design, and Tim Ferriss.
- My Journey to Millions: Explanation of Health Care Bill in Timeline Form: Awesome graphic that shows us when everything is going to happen.
- 20s Money: Where is Housing Going?: Kevin argues that the worst of the housing crisis may not be over!
- Ultimate Money Blog: Never Let Friends Borrow Money: Mrs. Money shares a personal story about loaning to friends.
- Monevator: Personal time management for fun and profit: The Investor shows us that it’s not all about the money.
- Deliver Away Debt: DeliverAwayDebt on Blog Talk Radio with Ask Mr. Credit Card: Awesome interview with Jeff about his journey.
- Enemy of Debt: Uncovering a Scam That Saved Us $1700!: If you’re looking to buy a home (or want to avoid scammers in general), read Brad’s post and beware!
- Money Funk: Excuses, Excuses: A guest post from Beating Broke explores how to get over internal obstacles.
- Punch Debt in the Face: Wanna start a fight? Talk prenup: Ninja explores perceptions behind prenuptial agreements.
- The Centsible Life: Tooth Fairy visits: How much does she bring your kids?: Kelly wonders how peer pressure influences gifts.
- Evolution of Wealth: What Every Life Insurance Policy Shouldn’t Be Without: This post warns us about waivers of premium when it comes to life insurance.
- Money Reasons: Are You Too Smart to be Rich? MR gives a few examples of when this might happen.
- Wealth Pilgrim: How To Get An Expensive College Education For 80% Less: Neal tells a personal story about saving on college costs.
- Well Heeled Blog: Clothing Alterations are Expensive!: It’s rare that I consider altering clothing, but this post gave me something to think about!
- The Life of an Insurance Salesman: Verizon Phone Adventure: CJ echoes my post about space heaters–he really wanted to spend money.
- Couple Money: Easy Way to Add Up Expenses in Your Spreadsheets: Elle shares an interesting technical strategy for you Excel fans out there!
- Not Made of Money: How to Save Money on Snack Foods: I do love my snacks, and now I can have them on the cheap, too!
- JoeTaxpayer: A thought on 15 vs 30 year mortgages: Joe discovers that it’s tougher than ever to pay off your mortgage faster! Find out why.
- Frugal Zeitgeist: A closer look at some aspects of the CARD Act: A guest post from Mr. Credit Card discussing the new credit card laws.
This is the group that really needs your help! They’re gunning for a spot in the top 200,000. But I won’t share them with you today–in order to give them maximum exposure, I’ve decided to feature this group in their own round-up next week! Stay tuned.
If you’re interested in joining the Yakezie Alexa challenge and run a personal finance blog, just head over to Financial Samurai’s post and leave a comment with your current ranking!
Elsewhere on the Web
- Fiscal Fizzle made the list of the Top 75 Frugal Blogs of 2010. Thanks to the team at Tuscon on the Cheap!
- Thanks in large part to the Yakezie Alexa Challenge, Fiscal Fizzle climbed to #74 on Wise Bread’s Top 100+ Financial Blogs list.
Enjoy the rest of your week!