This week saw some exciting posts go up, both on the simplicity theme, and dabbling a bit into investing. I discussed why investment accounts are better than savings, how to get over the fear of investing, and the benefits of consolidating your accounts. I also published the first-ever Ask Fizzle ‘column.’ Fantastic!
Okay, enough about me. Let’s get to all the goodies I’ve found for you this week:
- Frugal Dad talks about the value of establishing a permanent residence, particularly when it comes to having kids and the stability that it provides.
- A fantastic resource from Funny About Money – nothing funny about preparing for the worst, but it is very important. Here’s what to leave behind so your loved ones know what to do.
- From Len Penzo dot Com, here are 3 fun tests to see if you’re irrational with money. I added a fourth in the comments.
- The Simple Dollar shares 11 things you can do today to fall behind financially. Complaining is my favorite!
- Is tenure right in 2009?, asks My Life ROI. Swing by and see what you think.
- Here’s a bit of fun for the week – Budgets are Sexy has published the second ‘Blogger Showdown‘ between Stephanie from Poorer Than You and Kerry from Squawkfox.
- There are pitfalls in your future to avoid – read about the seven enemies of financial success at Get Rich Slowly.
- Almost Frugal has re-published an oldie but a goodie with twelve 5-minute money-saving tips.
- If you like rules of thumb, check out 7 quick numbers from Gather Little by Little.
- Cash for Clunkers results are in! Here’s the scoop from My Life ROI.
- Are you a finance freak? Five Cent Nickel asks us to consider our loved ones. Too true!
- Fiscal Geek shows us how to run our finances like a Fortune 500 company.
- For carnivals this week, check out the Carnival of Personal Finance hosted by My Money Relationship, the Festival of Frugality at Automatic Finances, the Money Hacks Carnival at Modern Tightwad, and the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights at The Paycheck Chronicles.