What a fun week! We talked about a shifting status quo in personal finance, small 5-minute tasks that can help you improve your finances, and took comments on why I think land lines are a dying breed.
Hot, Hot, Hot
Here’s what caught my attention this week elsewhere:
- A guest post at Man vs. Debt talks about 25 things we can make at home, better and cheaper. Classics like laundry detergent made the list, but also a few surprises – like deodorant and mosquito repellent.
- The Simple Dollar has an interesting post about a personal finance toolbox. Trent applies his ‘tools’ to a couple of common situations.
- Financial Highway introduced us to Timebanks this week. Regrettably, there isn’t one in my area, but this is a fantastic idea!
- And one more if you’re feeling in a funny mood – from Money Ning, a list of 15 reasons you should ignore your FICO score.
- I also have four carnivals to mention this week – the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights at Counting My Pennies, the Festival of Frugality at Frugal Upstate, the Carnival of Personal Finance at Budgets are Sexy, and the Money Hacks Carnival at Studenomics.
Happy Friday, and enjoy your weekends!