July is almost over! There were lots and lots of really good personal finance reads this week, so I had to prune down the list. I also had a lot of fun putting together Baby Week for you!
There are more baby posts to come in the next six months, so don’t fret. Meanwhile, here’s my best of the best –
Hot This Week
- The Simple Dollar has assembled a great list of career advice from Twitter users, all in ten words or less.
- The first personal finance blogger showdown is at Budgets are Sexy between J.D. Roth and Trent Hamm. I hope to be included in a future edition!
- Realm of Prosperity has published a lost wallet protocol – definitely something you don’t want to procrastinate on, because it does happen.
- This one made my giggle and nod my head – Frugal For Life shares six alternatives to “as seen on TV” products.
- From Get Rich Slowly this week comes a post that teaches us how to budget for an irregular income.
- Debt Kid shares a list of ten things to love about the recession – uplifting and inspirational!
- Saving for Serenity has analyzed the Serenity prayer and how it applies to personal finance.
- If you think socialism sucks and capitalism rules (and especially if you don’t), Money Ning has an interesting story that will make you think about it. The discussion is bound to be good, too.
- Before every purchase, ask yourself these five questions, says Fine-Tuned Finances.
- Consumerism Commentary shows us how that annoying message on a cell phone voice mail is designed to increase your bill! “Take back the beep!”
Carnivals This Week
Lots of various carnivals this week – here is the complete list:
- The Money Hacks Carnival #75 hosted at My Life ROI and featuring my post on diversified financial knowledge.
- The Festival of Frugality #188 hosted at Financial Highway and featuring my post on how vegetarianism can save you money.
- The Carnival of Personal Finance hosted at Good Financial Cents and featuring my post on why reading PF blogs is good for you.
- Also from My Life ROI this week is Carnvial of Pecuniary Delights #18, featuring my post on recession job hunting tips as an Editor’s Pick. Thank you!
- Debt-Free Scholar included my post on financial mistakes in his Top College Posts for July.
Have a fantastic weekend! Check in tomorrow for a round-up of July’s posts and 6 months of blogging!
3 thoughts on “What’s Sizzling? – July 31st Edition”
Thanks for linking to me and thank you for the links to read as well… was getting bored at work – shhh!
Thanks for including me!
Thx for the mention 🙂 And you are def. on the list!
Comments are closed.