Summer, it seems, doesn’t want to stick around this year for very long. I cannot believe it’s almost the end of July. Unlike money, time ticks off without a break.
Visit on Monday for a big announcement!🙂 Meanwhile, here are this week’s sizzlers:
Hot Stuff This Week
Here is the best of the best in personal finance this week:
- Flexo teaches us ten things our parents didn’t about personal finance at Consumerism Commentary.
- Master Your Card shows us how to avoid emotional spending with some really good tips.
- I always like a good post on car maintenance – here’s one from Money Smart Life that shows us how we can make easy fixes ourselves.
- The fun post of the week is Wise Bread’s 6 weird things people sell for cash.
- Get Rich Slowly shares an interesting point of view – can we increase our happiness by lowering expectations?
- Not Made of Money gives us 12 ways to trim the fat from our budget. I love a good set of tips.
- Finally, Passive Family Income explores why relying on a single means of income is not a good idea.
Carnivals This Week
Here are some great carnivals I had the privilege of participating in this week:
- Suburban Dollar hosted the 74th Money Hacks Carnival, where my post on saving vs. insuring made the Editor’s Pick!
- Budgets are Sexy ran the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights, showing off my post on six financial mistakes to avoid.
Have a fantastic weekend!