It was a short week in the U.S. with July 4th being observed on Friday and many people out on vacation. Nevertheless, there was some great writing which I’d like to share with you:
Sizzlers This Week
- As summer comes into full swing, Liz Weston shows us 5 ways to slash theme park costs.
- A guest post at Shrinkage is Good tells us how the recession has impacted the way we view our jobs.
- Microsoft Money is closing up shop, so Get Rich Slowly featured a great list of 16 alternative financial programs to use.
- The List of the Week goes to Gather Little by Little and this list of 40 personal finance lessons.
- The SavingAdvice.com Blog shows us 20 ways we can spruce up our home on a budget.
- For meaningful ways to be patriotic this July 4th, visit Debt-Free Scholar.
Carnivals This Week
I participated in four carnivals this week, all of which have some great reading material for the financially inclined:
- Taking Charge, the CreditCards.com blog, hosted the 14th Carnival of Pecuniary Delights, featuring my post – Save More or Insure More as an editor’s pick!
- This week’s Money Hacks Carnival was hosted by The Canadian Finance Blog and included part two of my 7 Habits analysis.
- My Frugal Adventures hosted the Festival of Frugality, featuring my post on grocery loss leaders.
- Finally, Green Panda Treehouse hosted this week’s Carnival of Personal Finance with part one of my 7 Habits analysis.
Best of June 2009
Here’s what my readers found most useful on Fiscal Fizzle last month:
- 24 Reasons (Excuses) You Haven’t Saved any Money Yet (June 10th)
- Frugal Father’s Day Gifts (June 18th)
- What is a Grocery Loss Leader? (June 23rd)
- Identifying Needs Versus Wants in Your Budget (June 1st)
As well as the most popular posts from months past, during the month of June:
- 13 Lucky Ways to Save on Groceries (May 21st)
- 11 Ways to Stay Positive in a Bad Economy (March 19th)
- The Lifetime Cost of Owning a Dog (February 24th)
- 7 Ways to Stop Eating Out From Killing Your Budget (April 14th)
As always, you can find my most popular posts in the right sidebar.
Blogging is not an independent adventure. Thank you to the following blogs, who were my top referrers for June:
That’s it for today. Have a happy, healthy, and safe 4th of July everyone!