I hope you’ve had a fantastic week! Summer is here and many of you are getting ready to spend time with family and kids. It’s an exciting time of rest and renewal.
Here are the best money posts from this week, as selected by me.
- Lazy Man and Money gives us a great rundown of strategies for reducing our grocery bills.
- If you enjoy reading comprehensive lists, Good Financial Cents has posted 107 things that make…well, good financial “cents.”
- Read about building financial momentum at the Stretchy Dollar – sometimes it just takes a little push to get us going, and the energy to maintain great finances is minimal.
- I love posts that take us back to simpler times for a little bit of perspective – one such post this week comes from the Savings Advice Blog and talks about budget categories that our grandmothers didn’t have to worry about.
- And speaking of land, here are 10 ways to cut lawn care costs from Squawkfox.
- I’m pretty fed up with hearing about Suze Orman by now, but here’s a good overview of her “takes” on money from Green Panda Treehouse that’s worth reading.
- Master Your Card gives us 10 things she’ll never go cheap on again.
- The Simple Productivity Blog is not a personal finance blog, but this list of essential simplicity reading is fantastic, and includes many PF titles that you’ll find useful.
- Read about the five financial pitfalls to avoid during the summer, posted by Money Smart Life.
- I only participated in one carnival this week, but it’s a great one. Check out the Carnival of Personal Finance, hosted this week at Living Almost Large.
Have a fantastic Father’s Day and see you next week!