As you read this, I’m getting ready to witness the wedding of a few of my good friends. Nevertheless, the “show must go on” so to speak, so I prepared some great reads for you before I left. Here’s the best from this week of personal finance:
- Five Cent Nickel gives us a great post about planning family vacations without breaking the bank. We’re traveling this week, so it was a timely read.
- If you want to stir up a little controversial discussion, head over to Amateur Asset Allocator and read about why women should buy their own engagement rings.
- Man vs. Debt featured me and some of our Twitter buddies in a round table discussion on what we are willing to pay more for.
- Here’s a thought to consider – Congress is considering a cash for clunkers bill , but can it actually hurt low-income drivers? From Automatic Finances.
- If you need a little bit of motivation to save, check out this list of 5 great things you can do at Your Money Relationship.
- If you need a quick reality check on why frugal living is a good idea, head over to Frugal Dad and learn about 12 things our grandparents could do without.
I also participated in two carnivals this week (as of Wednesday morning):
- Funny About Money hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance this week and featured my post on brown-bagging your lunch.
- The Festival of Frugality was hosted by Frugal For Life, and included my post on doubling up grocery coupons.
Have a fantastic weekend, and come back to visit next week!
One thought on “What’s Sizzling? – June 5th Edition”
Thanks for the link!
Comments are closed.