It seems to be the age-old question. Some people think government spending is out of hand, and some think we aren’t spending nearly enough. Some want government to get as small and lean as possible; others want to see it grow and add more services.
I’ll have some thoughts to share next week, but in the spirit of Reader Thursday (my new and unofficial name for my every-other-week reader questions), I’d like to hear what you think.
Some Ideas to Consider
- Do you think that government already runs like a business?
- If not, what would government look like if it was based on a business model?
- Why should we (or the government) care how businesses are modeled?
- What exactly is a “business model?”
- What specifically would you change to make government fit the mold?
- What differences can you notice between state, local, and federal governments and their relative success based on their chosen model?
I can’t wait to hear what you have to say! Share your thoughts on this topic below. The best comments will once again be featured in my follow-up post next week.