My wife and I spent the week beginning preparations for another wedding in our family. I’m happy to announce my sister-in-law got engaged a few weeks ago! At Fiscal Fizzle, my Personal Finance Basics series continued this week with Part II of setting up a budget. I also discussed reasons you may want to try cash as a means of controlling your spending, and how to optimize the time you spend planning and overseeing your family finances. Each week, I publish my favorite posts from other personal finance (and other) blogs:
My Favorites This Week
- James at Fine-Tuned Finances gives us ten financial moves for surviving the recession.
- David at Money Under 30 shows us how to stop worrying about your money. Quickly becoming one of my favorite blogs to read!
- Kate at the Paycheck Chronicles covers ways to create a financial back-up plan. This is great for those of us with little time on our hands, or those forgetful of their bills.
- If you’ve been recently laid off and are looking for work from home ideas, look no further than Momma’s Blog list, which details 24 of them.
- Jason at Automatic Finances discusses why every account you have should have a name.
- At Shrinkage is Good, you can read about the world’s most significant tax havens.
- Blogging? Sign up for Problogger’s 31 Days to Building a Better Blog. We’re about halfway through, but you can always start at Day 1.
Carnivals This Week
- Personal Finance Playbook hosted the Money Hacks Carnival and included my post on fighting financial stagnation.
- The 4th Edition of the Carnival of Pecuniary Delights was hosted by Living Well on Less and featured the Cash-Only Diet post from Fiscal Fizzle.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter hosted the 201st Carnival of Personal Finance and featured my post on stopping eating out from killing your budget.