Blog note: I’m currently working on a post about the importance of renewal in the world of personal finance. In the true spirit of that post, I am taking next week “off” to spend some time with family, and to focus on quality writing and improvements to the blog. Rather than inundate you with guest posts, I’m going to let the blog “sleep” for a week. :) Sit tight…see you on the flip side!
February was filled with awesome writing from my fellow personal finance bloggers. I’d like to take today to highlight some of the posts I enjoyed most from this month:
These were the true “shining stars” of February for me:
- 6 False Assumptions About Debt-Free Living
- When to Replace Your Car
- Don’t Invest in the Stock Market
- Save Money With Do-It-Yourself Jobs
- Q & A with Six-Figure Blogger Flexo
- Why I Didn’t Pay My Mortgage Off in Full
- Is Paying Kids for Good Grades Wrong?
- When the Price is Right–Buy Generic
- Credit Cards: Pros and Cons–Love Them or Hate Them
- The Worst Financial Advice I’ve Ever Seen From a Major Publication
- Top 10 Tax Credits to Take Advantage Of
- Why Work?
- 12 Personal Finance Bloggers Answer – New or Used Car?
- How to Manage Your Financial Vices
- The Gradual Shift
- Is The World Ending Tomorrow?
- Quick Cash: 24 Ways to Make Money While Unemployed
- 10 Ways to Simplify Your Personal Finances
Things to Check Out
Here are a few things you need to check out if you’re interested in things I’ve been involved with this month:
- I’m continuing to contribute to Untemplater. This month’s post explained how to untemplate your money while focusing on principles.
- I kicked off my contributions to Complete Organizing Solutions with a post on 6 symptoms of disorganized finances.
- I began the month as a participant in Financial Samurai’s Yakezie Alexa Challenge. The goal was to break the top 200,000 sites ranked by Alexa in 6 months. Well, I actually outpaced that by about 5 months. :) My current Alexa rank has shot up to 183,225 as of Saturday! If you want to participate or track everyone’s progress, check out this page at Sweating the Big Stuff. (By the way, I’m now in the “trying to break 100,000 group!”).
- I also need to give a shout-out to Cash Money Life for hosting a Carnival of Personal Finance last month with one of my posts.
The Best @ Home
Finally, for those of you interested in catching up, here were the most popular posts on the blog in February:
- There’s No Such Thing as Passive Income
- Money Saving Tips for Exercise
- Lower Cable Bill, More Services: How I Did It
- YNAB 3 Review: Give Me Back My Mvelopes
- Writing an Awesome Personal Executive Summary
- Needs, Wants, and Crap for a New Baby
- 55 Ways to Simplify Your Finances
Enjoy the rest of your weekends!
Photo by Pixel Addict